White Lodge, 18 High Street, Fochabers, Moray, IV32 7EP
White Lodge is a beautifully presented, B-Listed, 4 bedroom family home set in the popular and picturesque village of Fochabers. The property, thought to have been built around 1830, offers generous family accommodation over two principal floors and a range of period features. White Lodge offers 4 generous double bedrooms, 2 formal public rooms, an open plan family kitchen / dining / sitting room, 2 family bathrooms and a large conservatory. The house sits in generous garden grounds of about half an acre, offers a single garage and extensive off-street parking to the front of the house and a large outbuilding / further garage to the rear with separate vehicular access from East Street via private lane.
Vestibule, Reception Hallway, Drawing Room, Dining Room,
Open Plan Kitchen / Dining / Sitting Room, Conservatory, Bedroom 4, Family Bathroom, Utility Room.
Master Bedroom, 2 Further Double Bedrooms, Family Bathroom.
Garden Grounds of Circa 0.54 ac / 0.22 ha, Driveway,
Ample Off-Street Parking, Rear Vehicular Access to Timber Garage/Shed.
Aberdeen Airport 51 miles, Inverness 47 miles, Aviemore 49 miles, Elgin 9 miles.
(all distances are approximate).
Fochabers is a charming village, full of history and scenic beauty. Set on the bank of the River Spey, close to the Morayshire coast, the village offers all the amenities one would expect from a thriving village. Although there are many national supermarkets and services nearby the local shops of Fochabers which include a chemist, Post Office, an excellent butcher, two take-away restaurants, an ice-cream parlour, Co-op and an award-winning fish and chip shop would love your support. Fochabers is also home to the world famous Baxters Food Group, and Gordon Castle which is a fantastic family day out and offers a beautiful walled garden, a great café and a children’s play park. Fochabers and the local area also offer very well-regarded schooling for all ages. Milne’s Primary and High Schools are a short walk from White Lodge, otherwise the private schooling of Aberlour House and Gordonstoun are both within a short drive. Moray College campus in Elgin which forms part of the University of the Highlands and Islands is also nearby.
Although Fochabers offers most amenities for daily life there are several national supermarkets and professional services located in Elgin only 9 miles away. These, for example include M&S, a large Tesco supermarket, the world famous woollen mill, Johnston’s of Elgin, which is renowned for its cashmere and fantastic café, a cinema and Moray Leisure Centre which offers swimming, skating, curling and squash.
Fochabers is in the county of Moray which is famous for its mild climate. Moray has a beautiful and varied countryside with a coastline of rich agricultural land, prosperous fishing villages and wide, open beaches. The upland areas to the south are sparsely populated and provide dramatic scenery, some of which forms part of the Cairngorm National Park. This unspoilt landscape provides a wide range of leisure and sporting opportunities including fishing on the world famous Spey and Findhorn rivers, skiing at The Lecht and Cairngorm range, sailing and walking. There are many highly regarded golf courses nearby including Elgin Golf Club, The Moray Golf Club in Lossiemouth and also the two championship links golf courses in Nairn. Located about 30 minutes drive away is the ‘jewel’ of the Moray Coastline, the historic village of Findhorn with its sheltered bay providing excellent sailing, water sports and highly regarded Inns. The area offers some truly fantastic dining opportunities with restaurants like The Seafield Arms in Cullen, The Copper Dog in Craigellachie and Dowans Hotel in Aberlour all nearby. The Spey Valley is famed for its whisky distilleries with over 50 to explore. The new Macallan distillery in Craigellachie which reportedly cost over £140mil to build and is an incredible feat of engineering, Chivas Regal in Keith and the Aberlour distillery are a few personal favourites and certainly worth a visit.
White Lodge is located only 51 miles away from Aberdeen Airport, just over an hour away, and 40 miles from Inverness Airport which is considered the gateway for the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. Conveniently located off the A96, the property provides easy access to both Aberdeen and Inverness which have extensive retail parks, shopping centres, entertainment, cultural and leisure activities. Both bus and rail services run regularly between Elgin, Inverness and Aberdeen.
(Please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Gordon Castle Estate - https://www.gordoncastle.co.uk
Local Golf Course - https://www.garmouthkingstongolfclub.com
Moray Golf Club - http://www.moraygolf.co.uk
Fochabers Ice Cream Parlour - http://fochabersicecream.co.uk
Fochabers Florists - http://www.twistedwillowdesign.co.uk
Gordon Arms Hotel - https://www.gordonarms.co.uk
The Seafield Arms, Cullen - https://www.seafieldarmscullen.co.uk
The Copper Dog - https://craigellachiehotel.co.uk
The Dowans Hotel - https://www.dowanshotel.com
Fishing on the Spey - https://www.fishpal.com/Scotland/Spey
Local Sporting Factors - http://www.petergassoc.com
Local High School - http://milneshighschool.org.uk
Local Nursery - https://milnesnursery.weebly.com
Gordonstoun School - https://gordonstoun.org.uk
Moray College - https://www.moray.uhi.ac.uk
Inverness Airport - https://www.invernessairport.co.uk
Aberdeen Airport - https://www.aberdeenairport.com
Elgin Train Station - https://www.scotrail.co.uk/plan-your-journey/stations-and-facilities/elg
Elgin Cinema - https://caledoniancinemas.co.uk/MorayPlayhouse.dll/Home
Johnston of Elgin - https://www.johnstonsofelgin.com/retail
The Aberlour Distillery - https://www.aberlour.com/en
The Macallan Distillery - https://www.themacallan.com/en/distillery
Chivas Regal Keith - https://www.chivas.com/en-GB/visit-strathisla
Fixtures and Fittings
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price. Other items may be available through separate negotiation.
Listing and Conservation
White Lodge is B-Listed but is not within Fochabers conservation area.
Main’s gas fired central heating, electricity, water and drainage.
Fibre Plus broadband services are available.
Energy Efficiency Rating
Band E (Rating 49)
Telephone: 0300 123 4561
Internet Web Site
This property and other properties offered by Paton & Co can be viewed on the following websites:
Proof and Source of Funds / Anti Money Laundering Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Paton & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he/she has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he/she has satisfied themself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or mis-statement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Paton & Co, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Paton & Co have not tested any services, equipment, or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.
4. The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations, and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
5. These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
6. Paton & Co UK Ltd does not accept responsibility for any expenses incurred by prospective purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
7. Photographs taken in May 2021. Particulars prepared in May 2021.