The Wing, North College, King Street, Elgin, Moray, IV30 1HU
North College House offers an adjoining, integral South Wing, known as The Wing which is currently rented out on a SAT for £795 per month. The Wing is completely self-sufficient in that it has its own private driveway and entrance, although could easily form part of the main house as there is an interconnecting door from the sitting room. The Wing offers two further public rooms, a welcoming dining hallway, four further double bedrooms (3 x en-suite), a fifth bedroom / home office, a family bathroom and a generous family kitchen. The Wing has a south facing courtyard garden and further off-street parking.
Hall / Dining Room, Sitting Room, Living Room, Kitchen, Utility Room, Bathroom,
Store / Bedroom 5 (En-Suite & Disable Friendly).
4 x Bedrooms (2 x En-Suite).
The Wing Garden
Courtyard Garden, Ample Parking.
The Wing Income
Currently generates £795 per month.
Aberdeen 66 miles, Inverness 39 miles, Aviemore 46 miles
(all distances are approximate).
Vendor Solicitor Details
Mr Don Macleod
Princes Exchange, 1 Earl Grey Street, Edinburgh, EH3 9EE
Tele – 0131 228 8111
Email - email@example.com
North College sits in a private yet central position in the historic city of Elgin, between Aberdeen (66 miles) to the East and Inverness (39 miles) to the West. Elgin, with its famous 13th Century Cathedral, provides an excellent range of amenities. It offers numerous medical practices and a Hospital, plus several highly regarded primary schools and two secondary schools. Private schooling is available at Aberlour House and Gordonstoun School, about 6 miles away, and Moray College campus forms part of the University of the Highlands and Islands. There are several supermarkets in Elgin, including an M&S Food Hall and a number of local and national shops. It is a short walk (5 mins) over the river Lossie from North College House to the world famous woollen mill, Johnston’s of Elgin, which is renowned for its Cashmere and fantastic café. Walking into the city centre (10min) there are several restaurants, additional cafes, pubs, a leisure centre and a cinema. Cooper Park, situated directly on the boundary of North College House, hosts numerous sporting pursuits including well-attended tennis, cricket and bowling clubs and a boating pond. Elgin library and the Biblical gardens are also situated in Cooper Park.
Elgin offers a regular train service which takes you further afield to Inverness (about 45 mins) and Aberdeen (about 1.30 mins). Inverness provides all the facilities of a modern city including an International Airport (31 miles). Whilst Aberdeen (Europe’s oil capital) is one of the UK’s wealthiest cities full of desirable shops and restaurants. Aberdeen also offers an International Airport (61 miles).
Elgin is in the county of Moray which is famous for its mild climate. Moray has a beautiful and varied countryside with a coastline of rich agricultural land, prosperous fishing villages and wide, open beaches. The upland areas to the south are sparsely populated and provide dramatic scenery, some of which forms part of the Cairngorm National Park. This unspoilt landscape provides a wide range of leisure and sporting opportunities including fishing on the world famous Spey and Findhorn rivers, skiing at The Lecht and Cairngorm range, sailing and walking. There are many highly regarded golf courses nearby including Elgin Golf Club, The Moray Golf Club in Lossiemouth and also the two championship links golf courses in Nairn. Located about 20 minutes drive away is the ‘jewel’ of the Moray Coastline, the historic village of Findhorn with its sheltered bay providing excellent sailing, water sports and highly regarded Inns.
(Please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Elgin Cathedral - https://www.visitscotland.com/info/see-do/elgin-cathedral-p248251
Johnston of Elgin - https://www.johnstonsofelgin.com/retail
Gordonstoun School - https://gordonstoun.org.uk
Moray College - https://www.moray.uhi.ac.uk
Inverness Airport - https://www.invernessairport.co.uk
Aberdeen Airport - https://www.aberdeenairport.com
Elgin Train Station - https://www.scotrail.co.uk/plan-your-journey/stations-and-facilities/elg
Elgin Cinema - https://caledoniancinemas.co.uk/MorayPlayhouse.dll/Home
Elgin Townhall - https://www.elgintownhall.co.uk
Cooper Park - http://www.moray.gov.uk/moray_standard/page_54534.html
Fixtures and Fittings
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price. Other items may be available through separate negotiation.
Listing and Conservation
Mains gas fired central heating, electricity, water and drainage.
Fibre Plus broadband services are available.
Energy Efficiency Rating
Band D (Rating 60)
Telephone: 0300 123 4561
Please note, The Wing is on a separate title to North College House.
Mr Rod Christie
Tele: 01343 546 362
Mob: 07766 250 797
Internet Web Site
This property and other properties offered by Paton & Co can be viewed on the following websites:
Proof and Source of Funds / Anti Money Laundering Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Paton & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he/she has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he/she has satisfied themselves as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or mis-statement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Paton & Co, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Paton & Co have not tested any services, equipment, or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.
4. The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations, and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
5. These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
6. Paton & Co UK Ltd does not accept responsibility for any expenses incurred by prospective purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
7. Photographs taken in April 2021. Particulars prepared in April 2021.