Fishwick Mains Mansion House Development Site, Fishwick, Paxton, Berwick Upon Tweed, TD15 1XQ
The Fishwick Mains Mansion House development site at Fishwick offers a rare opportunity to build a wonderful substantial family home, centred on about nine acres of high and level grassland. The site offers a stunning rural aspect over the adjoining River Tweed, unspoilt rural land and the Cheviot hills to the south. The site is located off a private road therefore offering a high level of privacy. Set in 9.185 acres, the site currently comprises of the mansion development, equestrian paddocks all with a water supply and a recently constructed outdoor international sized drained ménage with a non-freeze equine surface.
Detailed planning consent and building warrants have been granted to construct a Georgian style 6399 SQFT/626SQM house comprising of 4 generous bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and a dressing room, 4 beautiful south facing public rooms with views out to the River Tweed and countryside beyond, including a large open plan family kitchen space, a large 2 bedroom annex both of which are ensuite, and two detached integral garages. Planning could be sought for an alternative design if necessary.
Planning Reference Details
Planning Reference Number – 05/01875/FUL (Scottish Border Council)
Paxton 2 miles, Berwick upon Tweed Train Station 6 miles, Edinburgh City Centre 53 miles, Edinburgh Airport 60 miles, Kelso 18 miles, Newcastle Airport 64 miles.
(All distances are approximate).
There is unadopted farm track access from Fishwick Mains House to the Mansion House Site and beyond. It will be the sole responsibility of the new owner to upgrade this access to the site only. Thereafter there will be a 33.3% share of maintenance / upkeep for the stretch of access road.
There are mains water, electricity and phoneline to the site.
The Fishwick Mansion House Development site is a particularly lovely site set in the most beautiful elevated position overlooking the River Tweed and St Thomas’s Island. It offers unrivalled south facing views to North Northumberland and the Cheviot Hills, and is a wonderful opportunity to build the most outstanding family home within easy reach of Edinburgh to the north and Newcastle to the south. The site benefits from beautiful countryside walks and rides directly from the property.
A couple of miles from the development site is the picturesque village of Paxton. The Cross Inn at Paxton is an extremely popular eaterie and is open all year round. Paxton village has a vibrant community life with a yearly Art Fair, village flower planting and community gardening, community Parish Church and community involvement in Paxton House, where the old watermill for Paxton House was renewed and is now up and running. Paxton House, once owned by the Home family, has wonderful walks, history, a tearoom and numerous events. It is a huge asset to Paxton and is a hugely popular visitor attraction to the area.
The local area has a wide range of popular attractions and activities including Northumberland and Berwickshire’s rugged coastline of unspoilt beaches and beautiful landscapes; Berwick walls and pier are only minutes away while Lindisfarne National Nature Reserve, Bamburgh Castle and the ancient Border towns of Coldstream, Kelso and Melrose are within easy reach. Country and sporting pursuits are also readily available, including hill walking, salmon and trout fishing, riding, hunting and shooting. Golf is available locally; within five minutes’ walk lies Berwick Golf Course and other courses can be found at Goswick, Eyemouth and the Hirsel. Swimming, gym, squash and indoor bowling facilities exist at the Swan Centre in Berwick-upon-Tweed.
Despite Fishwick and Berwick’s proximity to both Edinburgh and Newcastle, the area has a low population and can therefore offer a quality of life that is becoming increasingly rare
(Please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Scottish Borders - https://www.scotborders.gov.uk
Fishing - https://www.fishpal.com/Scotland/Tweed
Fishing - https://www.tweedbeats.com
Longridge Towers School - https://lts.org.uk
The Maltings - https://www.maltingsberwick.co.uk/?FromMobile=1
Berwick Museum - https://museumsnorthumberland.org.uk/berwick-museum-art-gallery
Berwick Train Station - https://www.lner.co.uk/the-east-coast-experience/our-stations/berwick-upon-tweed-station
Berwick Food & Beer Festival - https://www.berwickfoodandbeerfestival.co.uk/
The Swan Sports Centre - https://www.activenorthumberland.org.uk/Centres/Swan-Centre.aspx
Paxton House - https://paxtonhouse.co.uk
What’s on in Paxton - https://paxtonvillagehall.co.uk/
Berwick’s Town Walls - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berwick_town_walls
The Lowry Trail - https://www.visitberwick.com/what-to-do/the-lowry-trail/
The Queens Head Hotel - https://queensheadberwick.co.uk
Telephone: 0300 100 1800
Internet Web Site
This property and other properties offered by Paton & Co can be viewed on the following websites:
Estate Agents Act 1979
The director of Paton & Co discloses that a member of staff has an interest in the sale of Fishwick Mains Mansion House under the terms of the Estate Agents Act 1979.
Proof and Source of Funds / Anti Money Laundering Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Paton & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he/she has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he/she has satisfied themself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or mis-statement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Paton & Co, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Paton & Co have not tested any services, equipment, or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.
4. The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations, and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
5. These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
6. Paton & Co UK Ltd does not accept responsibility for any expenses incurred by prospective purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
7. Photographs taken in February 2022. Particulars prepared in July 2022.