The Dovecot Development Site, Cringletie, Eddleston, Peebles, Scottish Borders, EH45 8PL
The Dovecote site at Cringletie offers a rare opportunity to build a wonderful family home, centred on about an acre of mature garden grounds and offering a stunning rural aspect and south easterly views down the valley. The former Dovecot which is now requiring a little attention is still a beautiful historic Grade B feature of Cringletie.
Detailed planning consent and building warrants have been granted to construct a 2670 SQFT/247SQM house comprising of 4/5 bedrooms, 2 beautiful public rooms with views out to the garden and beyond.
Planning Reference Details
Planning Reference Number - 20/00761/AMC
Peebles 3 miles, Eddleston 2 miles, Edinburgh City Centre 20 miles, Edinburgh Airport 24 miles, Melrose 26 miles.
(All distances are approximate).
The Dovecote has full access rights from the A703 to the site.
The Dovecot has a liability over the main drive leading up to the Cringletie Hotel. This liability is “according to usage”.
The Dovecot is responsible for a 1/3 of the upkeep of the drive from the main Cringletie Hotel Driveway to the site.
A Section 75 Agreement applies to the site which requires the purchaser to pay the "Developer's Contribution" to Scottish Borders Council. This amount currently stands at £9,120.
There is mains water to the site.
Power will come from the nearest pole and a quote of circa £8000 has been obtained from Scottish Power, although this quote is now out of date and a new one will be required.
The Dovecot building plot is a particularly lovely site set in some of the most varied and beautiful countryside in the UK. Positioned 20 miles south of Edinburgh and only 3 miles north of Peebles, The Dovecote forms part of a small enclave of property all positioned around the well-known Cringletie Hotel. The Cringletie Hotel is a luxury hotel offering everything from fine dining to Sunday lunches and is a popular venue for the residents of the hamlet.
Peebles, which is only 3 miles to the south of The Dovecot is easily accessed either by car or the soon to be built bike track which will run parallel to the A703. The town has all the amenities one would expect from a thriving country town. Although there are two national supermarkets in Peebles, there are some truly fantastic local suppliers such as Cocoa Black Chocolatiers, Forsyths of Peebles Butcher, The Fat Batard Bakery and Coltman’s Kitchen & Deli that would love your support. There is a list of useful links below that might be of interest. Peebles also offers several medical practices, dentists, a library, art galleries and a museum. Schooling is well regarded in the immediate area with Primary education available in Eddleston and Peebles. The High School in Peebles is also very well regarded. Private schooling is available in Edinburgh and George Watson’s offer a bus service which stops at the bottom of the lane.
The area around Peebles has many attractions to explore like the medieval stronghold of Neidpath Castle, Traquair House or the gardens of Kailzie or Dawyck. The area offers some fantastic sporting pursuits including cycling, bowls, curling, golf, hill walking and fishing on the River Tweed, arguably the most famous salmon river in the world. In general, the Borders offer excellent riding facilities with Kailzie Equestrian offering livery and excellent hacking opportunities. There are also a number of local point to points, hunt meets and the annual Peebles Beltane Week.
The A703 offers swift and easy access up to Edinburgh and for those not wanting to negotiate the Edinburgh traffic there is a handy park and ride facility at Straiton. Edinburgh Airport is very easily accessed around the Edinburgh by-pass.
(Please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Scottish Borders - https://www.scotborders.gov.uk
Cringletie Hotel - https://www.cringletie.com
Eddleston Primary School - https://www.eddlestonprimary.co.uk
Peebles High School - http://peebleshighschool.org.uk
George Watson’s College - https://www.gwc.org.uk
Pentland Hill Regional Park - https://www.pentlandhills.org
Peebles Hydro - https://www.peebleshydro.co.uk
Glentree Mountain Biking - https://forestryandland.gov.scot/visit/forest-parks/tweed-valley-forest-park/glentress
Kailzie Equestrain Ltd - http://www.kailzieequestriancentre.com
Beltane Week - https://returntotheridings.co.uk/peebles-beltane-week
Neidpath Castle - https://www.neidpathcastle.com
Kailzie Gardens - https://www.kailziegardens.com
Dawyck Botanic Gardens - https://www.rbge.org.uk/visit/dawyck-botanic-garden
Peebles Golf Course - https://www.peeblesgolfclub.com
Cocoa Black Chocolatier - https://www.cocoablack.com
The Fat Batard Bakery - https://www.facebook.com/thefatbatard
OSSO Café & Restaurant - https://www.ossorestaurant.com
The Crown Hotel - https://www.the-crown-hotel.com
Coltman’s Kitchen & Deli - https://www.coltmans.co.uk
Forsyth’s of Peebles - https://forsythsofpeebles.com
The Horseshoe Inn - https://horseshoeinn.co.uk
Straiton Park & Ride - https://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/straiton
Telephone: 0300 100 1800
Internet Web Site
This property and other properties offered by Paton & Co can be viewed on the following websites:
Proof and Source of Funds / Anti Money Laundering Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Paton & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he/she has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he/she has satisfied themself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or mis-statement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Paton & Co, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Paton & Co have not tested any services, equipment, or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.
4. The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations, and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
5. These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
6. Paton & Co UK Ltd does not accept responsibility for any expenses incurred by prospective purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
7. Photographs taken in February 2022. Particulars prepared in February 2022.