Courtyard Cottage, Hassendeanburn, Denholm, Hawick, Scottish Borders, TD9 8RU
Courtyard Cottage in Hassendeanburn, near Denholm is a former barn which has been converted into a beautifully presented 1 bedroom cottage. Situated between the popular village of Denholm and Hawick the cottage is positioned within a central courtyard along with 5 other residential properties. All of the accommodation within is situated over the ground floor and offers a generous open plan sitting room/kitchen/dining room, shower room and a double bedroom. Courtyard Cottage has space for a table and chairs outside the front of the property and designated parking to the rear for 2 cars.
Open Plan Sitting Room/Kitchen/Dining Room, Bedroom, Shower Room.
Denholm 3 miles, Hawick 3 miles, Tweedbank Train Station 14 miles,
Galashiels 18 miles.
(all distances are approximate).
Courtyard Cottage is situated between Denholm and Hawick in the quiet hamlet of Hassendeanburn. The nearby Teviot offers river walks straight from the door and the countryside surround Hassendeanburn is some of the prettiest in the Borders.
Denholm which is an incredibly well-regarded village in the Scottish Borders is only a few miles up the road and easily accessible. The village offers excellent local amenities such as The Denholm Meet, The Cross Keys Inn and Douglas & Son local Butcher.
Hawick, which is the largest of the Border towns offers a range of excellent amenities and professional services. National supermarkets like Morrison’s, Sainsburys, Aldi’s and Lidl’s offer convenience, otherwise there are fantastic local butchers, farm stores, bakers, distillers, and green grocers that would love your support. Hawick offers a number of attractions to explore like The Hawick Museum, Hermitage Castle, The Borders Distillery and The Borders Textile Towerhouse to name a few. There is schooling for all ages in the town, otherwise private schools like St Mary’s School and Longridge Towers can be found nearby. Hawick has a number of sporting venues and clubs including a formidable rugby team, a well-supported golf club, cycling clubs and a leisure centre. For those who enjoy walking, Hawick is known as the town of a 1000 trails.
Out with the local area the region boasts some of the most impressive countryside in Scotland and there are a wide range of country pursuits available including fishing, shooting, golf and hill walking. The Borders offer excellent riding facilities, local point to points, hunting with the Jed Forest, Buccleuch and Border Hunts and the well-attended annual Common Riding. The nearby towns of Melrose, Kelso and Galashiels offers further shopping facilities and historical interests as well as the regions Border General Hospital (BGH) which is highly regarded. Tweedbank Railway Station which is situated between Galashiels and Melrose provides a regular train service to Edinburgh, with proposals underway to extend through Hawick to Carlisle, whilst the A7 which runs through Hawick connects Carlisle to Edinburgh.
(Please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Harestanes Country Park - https://www.liveborders.org.uk/play/harestanes
Made in Hawick - https://www.madeinhawick.com
Lindsay’s Farm Kitchen - https://www.facebook.com/lindseysfarmkitchen
Johnstons of Elgin - https://www.johnstonsofelgin.com/retail/visit-us/hawick-mill
Lindsay Grieve Butcher - http://lindsaygrievehaggis.com
Lovat Mill - https://lovatmill.com
St Mary’s School - https://www.stmarysmelrose.org.uk
Longridge Towers - https://lts.org.uk
Golf Club - http://www.hawickgolfclub.com
Hawick Rugby Club - https://hawickrfc.co.uk
Hawick Core Paths - https://www.scotborders.gov.uk/downloads/file/1197/hawick_core_paths
Hawick Common Riding - http://hawickcommonriding.co.uk
Please note, Courtyard Cottage has a restriction on the title preventing short term holiday rentals.
Fixtures and Fittings
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price. Other items may be available through separate negotiation.
Listing and Conservation
Please note the property is not listed, nor in a conservation area.
A septic tank services the hamlet.
Main’s electricity and water.
Broadband services are available.
Energy Efficiency Rating
Band E (Rating 46)
Tele:- 0300 100 1800
This property and other properties offered by Paton & Co can be viewed on the following websites:
Proof and Source of Funds / Anti Money Laundering: Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor that the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Paton & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he/she has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he/she has satisfied themself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or mis-statement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Paton & Co, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Paton & Co have not tested any services, equipment, or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.
4. The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations, and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
5. These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
6. Paton & Co UK Ltd does not accept responsibility for any expenses incurred by prospective purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
7. Photographs taken in June 2021. Particulars prepared in June 2021.