Belvedere, Cringletie, Eddleston, Peebles, Scottish Borders, EH45 8PL
Belvedere is a beautiful 4/5 bedroom family home set in stunning garden grounds of about 0.60 of an acre and situated only a 30 minute drive from Edinburgh City Centre. The property was traditionally built by the current owner about 25 years ago and offers very comfortable, well-appointed family accommodation located in some of the most beautiful countryside in the UK. Belvedere comprises of four very handsome public rooms and up to 5 bedrooms. The garden grounds are beautifully presented and are supported by ample parking and a large double garage.
Reception Hall, Drawing Room, Dining Room, Family TV Room, Kitchen/Breakfast Room, Conservatory, Study/5th Bedroom, Utility Room, W.C.
Master Bedroom (En-Suite Bathroom & Walk-in Wardrobe), 3 x Further Double Bedrooms, Family Bathroom.
Stunning Garden Grounds, Patio, Detached Double Garage, Off Street Parking.
Peebles 3 miles, Eddleston 2 miles, Edinburgh City Centre 20 miles, Edinburgh Airport 24 miles, Melrose 26 miles.
(All distances are approximate).
Belvedere is a particularly lovely family home set in some of the most varied and beautiful countryside in the UK. Positioned 20 miles south of Edinburgh and only 3 miles north of Peebles, Belvedere forms part of a small enclave of property all positioned around the well-known Cringletie Hotel. The Cringletie Hotel is a luxury hotel offering everything from fine dining to Sunday lunches and is a popular venue for the residents of the hamlet.
Peebles, which is only 3 miles to the south of Belvedere is easily accessed either by car or the soon to be built bike track which will run parallel to the A703. The town has all the amenities one would expect from a thriving country town. Although there are two national supermarkets in Peebles, there are some truly fantastic local suppliers such as Cocoa Black Chocolatiers, Forsyths of Peebles Butcher, The Fat Batard Bakery and Coltman’s Kitchen & Deli that would love your support. There is a list of useful links below that might be of interest. Peebles also offers several medical practices, dentists, a library, art galleries and a museum. Schooling is well regarded in the immediate area with Primary education available in Eddleston and Peebles. The High School in Peebles is also very well regarded. Private schooling is available in Edinburgh and George Watson’s offer a bus service which stops at the bottom of the lane.
The area around Peebles has many attractions to explore like the medieval stronghold of Neidpath Castle, Traquair House or the gardens of Kailzie or Dawyck. The area offers some fantastic sporting pursuits including cycling, bowls, curling, golf, hill walking and fishing on the River Tweed, arguably the most famous salmon river in the world. In general, the Borders offer excellent riding facilities with Kailzie Equestrian offering livery and excellent hacking opportunities. There are also a number of local point to points, hunt meets and the annual Peebles Beltane Week.
The A703 offers swift and easy access up to Edinburgh and for those not wanting to negotiate the Edinburgh traffic there is a handy park and ride facility at Straiton. Edinburgh Airport is very easily accessed around the Edinburgh by-pass.
(Please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Scottish Borders - https://www.scotborders.gov.uk
Cringletie Hotel - https://www.cringletie.com
Eddleston Primary School - https://www.eddlestonprimary.co.uk
Peebles High School - http://peebleshighschool.org.uk
George Watson’s College - https://www.gwc.org.uk
Pentland Hill Regional Park - https://www.pentlandhills.org
Peebles Hydro - https://www.peebleshydro.co.uk
Glentree Mountain Biking - https://forestryandland.gov.scot/visit/forest-parks/tweed-valley-forest-park/glentress
Kailzie Equestrain Ltd - http://www.kailzieequestriancentre.com
Beltane Week - https://returntotheridings.co.uk/peebles-beltane-week
Neidpath Castle - https://www.neidpathcastle.com
Kailzie Gardens - https://www.kailziegardens.com
Dawyck Botanic Gardens - https://www.rbge.org.uk/visit/dawyck-botanic-garden
Peebles Golf Course - https://www.peeblesgolfclub.com
Cocoa Black Chocolatier - https://www.cocoablack.com
The Fat Batard Bakery - https://www.facebook.com/thefatbatard
OSSO Café & Restaurant - https://www.ossorestaurant.com
The Crown Hotel - https://www.the-crown-hotel.com
Coltman’s Kitchen & Deli - https://www.coltmans.co.uk
Forsyth’s of Peebles - https://forsythsofpeebles.com
The Horseshoe Inn - https://horseshoeinn.co.uk
Straiton Park & Ride - https://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/straiton
Fixtures and Fittings
All fitted carpets, some curtains, blinds, some light fittings, and all integrated appliances form part of the sale.
Listing and Conservation
Belvedere is not listed, nor in a conservation area.
Oil fired central heating.
Main’s electricity and water.
Private drainage to septic.
Broadband services are available.
Energy Efficiency Rating
Band D (Rating 62)
Telephone: 0300 100 1800
Internet Web Site
This property and other properties offered by Paton & Co can be viewed on the following websites:
Proof and Source of Funds / Anti Money Laundering Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Paton & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he/she has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he/she has satisfied themself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or mis-statement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Paton & Co, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Paton & Co have not tested any services, equipment, or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.
4. The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations, and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
5. These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
6. Paton & Co UK Ltd does not accept responsibility for any expenses incurred by prospective purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
7. Photographs taken in September 2021. Particulars prepared in August 2021.