2 Wester Essenside Farm Cottages, Ashkirk, Selkirk, Scottish Borders, TD7 4PG
2 Wester Essenside Farm Cottages, near Ashkirk is situated in a former Coach House which has been converted into a charming 2 bedroom cottage. Positioned between Selkirk to the north and Hawick to the south the cottage is within a central courtyard. The accommodation within is situated over the ground and first floor and offers a generous public room with sliding French doors that lead out to the garden, a well-appointed kitchen, shower room and two double bedrooms. 2 Wester Essenside Farm Cottages also offers a pretty garden and a private parking space.
Sitting Room, Shower Room, Kitchen.
2 Double Bedrooms, Large Dressing Room Cupboard.
Garden Grounds, Ample Parking.
Ashkirk 3 miles, Hawick 9 miles, Selkirk 7 miles, Tweedbank Train Station 14 miles,
Galashiels 14 miles.
(all distances are approximate).
Ashkirk is one of a number of quaint villages on the Ale Water, in the picturesque, peaceful county of Selkirkshire, an area of incredible natural beauty. Ashkirk has a feeling of being that bit more remote than some other parts of the Scottish Borders, but is in fact situated just off the A7, approximately 6 miles each way between Selkirk to the North and Hawick to the Selkirk.
Hawick, which is the largest of the Border towns offers a range of excellent amenities and professional services. National supermarkets like Morrison’s, Sainsburys, Aldi’s and Lidl’s offer convenience, otherwise there are fantastic local butchers, farm stores, bakers, distillers, and green grocers that would love your support. Hawick offers a number of attractions to explore like The Hawick Museum, Hermitage Castle, The Borders Distillery and The Borders Textile Towerhouse to name a few. There is schooling for all ages in the town, otherwise private schools like St Mary’s School and Longridge Towers can be found nearby. Hawick has a number of sporting venues and clubs including a formidable rugby team, a well-supported golf club, cycling clubs and a leisure centre. For those who enjoy walking, Hawick is known as the town of a 1000 trails. Other attractive historic towns of Kelso, St Boswells and Jedburgh are an easy drive away and the beautiful capital city of Edinburgh is just over an hour away, or an short train journey from Tweedbank station. Selkirk also provides all essential local amenities including a vast array of independent retailers, bars, restaurants, cafes, supermarkets, doctors surgery and the Borders General Hospital is 20 minutes from Ashkirk. Close to Ashkirk is the popular 18 hole Woll Golf Course on the Woll Estate, with award winning restaurant and 4 star accommodation. A bit further afield is the Bowhill and Floors Castle Estates, both offering exceptional days out and activities. Scholoss Hotel and Golf Course is one of many golf courses in the area, including Kelso and the Hirsel golf courses. The bustling Scottish Borders offers a wonderful wealth of walking, fishing, sporting activities, shopping, the Borders Book Fair, the Borders Art Festival and family days out. It is an exceptional area to live, work and raise a family for that all important special quality of life.
(Please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Harestanes Country Park - https://www.liveborders.org.uk/play/harestanes
Made in Hawick - https://www.madeinhawick.com
Woll Golf Course: https://www.wollgolf.co.uk/
Lindsay’s Farm Kitchen - https://www.facebook.com/lindseysfarmkitchen
Johnstons of Elgin - https://www.johnstonsofelgin.com/retail/visit-us/hawick-mill
Lindsay Grieve Butcher - http://lindsaygrievehaggis.com
Lovat Mill - https://lovatmill.com
St Mary’s School - https://www.stmarysmelrose.org.uk
Longridge Towers - https://lts.org.uk
Golf Club - http://www.hawickgolfclub.com
Hawick Rugby Club - https://hawickrfc.co.uk
Hawick Core Paths - https://www.scotborders.gov.uk/downloads/file/1197/hawick_core_paths
Hawick Common Riding - http://hawickcommonriding.co.uk
Selkirk Medical Centre: http://www.selkirkmedicalassociates.ca/
Taylors Butcher: https://exploreselkirk.co.uk/listing/taylors-family-butcher/
Selkirk’s eateries and Highlights: https://exploreselkirk.co.uk/
Borders Book Festival: https://bordersbookfestival.org/
Borders Art Fair: https://www.bordersartfair.com/
Selkirk Primary School: https://www.bordersartfair.com/
Hawick High School: http://hawickhighschool.co.uk/
Bowhill House and Grounds: https://www.bowhillhouse.co.uk/
Floors Castle: https://www.floorscastle.com/
Selkirk Rugby Football Club: http://selkirkrfc.com/
Kelso Races: https://www.kelso-races.co.uk/
Fixtures and Fittings
All fitted carpets, curtains, blinds and light fittings are included in the sale.
Listing and Conservation
Please note the property is not listed, nor in a conservation area.
Oil fired central heating.
A septic tank services the conversions.
Private stream fed water supply.
Broadband services are available.
Energy Efficiency Rating
EPC is Band D (Rating 64)
Tele:- 0300 100 1800
Internet Web Site
This property and other properties offered by Paton & Co can be viewed on the following websites:
Proof and Source of Funds / Anti Money Laundering: Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor that the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Paton & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he/she has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he/she has satisfied themself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or mis-statement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Paton & Co, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Paton & Co have not tested any services, equipment, or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.
4. The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations, and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
5. These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
6. Paton & Co UK Ltd does not accept responsibility for any expenses incurred by prospective purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
7. Photographs taken in April 2022. Particulars prepared in April 2022.